Wednesday 11 May 2011

Truth and Confusion

I was thinking about my appeal and how I can turn around this big Fuck-up I created… The law firm that represented me already made a huge amount of money out of me and my family. They  came with a suggestion to try an appeal against my sentence. Well that is definitely not what I wanted to do. I wanted to appealing my conviction. Anyway, I was still considering all my options and kind of held the thought in the back of my mind. Decisions, decisions… man, only once you’re in prison does it dawn on you how important every decision you make in life is. There is a saying “take away a mans freedom and you take away his reason to live…” that my friend is why it is so important to maintain hope. You know, that in the secluded world called prison, one has to always keep a firm grip on reality. There are so many idiots in here that become totally disillusioned, it is almost as if they re-invent their past into something they want it to be instead of what it actually was… like Adrian, Bob, Fats and Toney, a bunch of hypocritical fakes.
So I was contemplating personal issues when two things happened. One, I got notice that my name was on a transfer list to Zonderwater Correctional Centre. Where? Its quite unnerving when you almost live in a comfort zone and someone starts shaking it a little… secondly; Craig that lives in my section gets poisoned… Now this bloke is a qualified engineer and generally is a nice guy. Apparently he ate something his visitors brought him and is currently having his stomach pumped after collapsing in the section, foaming at the mouth and battling to breathe. Once again radio-bandiet is broadcasting at full volume… rumours, rumours and more rumours…
Days go by that nothing interesting happens. The typical routine is unlock, breakfast, go to gym, lunch, lock-up… Boredom after lock-up is a major problem for any inmate. Time is usually passed by reading novels, radio’s played or studies made. Believe me there are only so much one can do in a 2.5m x2m cell… Masturbating two or three times a night is only fun for the first week, there after even primitive pleasures tend to get boring… Hey people, we’re all human aren’t we?
News about Craig is that he got visit from his brother and ex-wife. She was a co-accused in his fraud trail and got acquitted through it. Now Craig is serving a 56- year sentence and is 43 years old… his opinion after receiving the doctors opinion that he was poisoned, is that it had to be his ex’s attempt to collect on life insurance… it does make sense, but is it true? I don’t know…
What the truth is, was or anything related to this incident, is to this day still unknown to me. Reason being – I am being moved to a new prison, whether I like it or not… rest assured I will keep you updated… whatever it is like over there, I would let you know soon.
Well, allow me to end this week’s update with some words of advice:
Quote of the week: “Never look back, because all you’ll see is envy…”

1 comment:

  1. Wise words on the Quote, wish so many young people realizes that life in prison is not a life.

    ReplyDelete